We are currently recruiting for the following:
Job Title: Textile Conservator
Salary: £25,000 – £32,000
Contract: Full time, permanant
Reporting to: Zenzie Tinker, Lead conservator and studio manager
Zenzie Tinker Conservation Ltd (ZTC) is a private conservation company owned and managed by Zenzie Tinker ACR and Geoffrey Major.
ZTC undertake the conservation and display of textiles and related materials for a wide variety of clients both private and institutional, national and international. There are currently ten full and part time members of staff, some freelance and some employed, including one administrator.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Textile Conservator to join our busy and dynamic conservation team on a permanent contract with the primary aim of assisting in the delivery of our diverse exhibition and loan programme. The post will be based in our conservation studio in Brighton and work is also undertaken on site for our clients, for example in the historic house or museum setting. You will work across the programme of textile conservation, gaining experience from and contributing to a range of textile conservation activities to prepare our truly diverse collection for display.
The successful post holder will:
- work to support the delivery of ZTC’s work programme working to the highest conservation standards, often working to tight deadlines.
- be able to conserve textiles of all types as well as other organic and inorganic materials that are commonly found on textiles and costume that come into the studio for treatment.
- be expected to provide advice on best handling, storage and safe display of objects.
- hold a recognised a conservation degree with the ability to work independently on the examination and treatment of textiles.
- bring your expert conservation knowledge to our acclaimed exhibitions, displays and loans programmes, and be a good communicator with the ability to supervise volunteers.
- have strong documentation and IT skills to document conservation treatments and the condition of items.
- be a team player, able to work to tight deadlines and effectively plan and prioritise your work programme.
- have a passion for conservation and be able to communicate this to our audiences.
Please see here for the full job description.
To apply, send your CV accompanied by a letter to email@example.com.
Application Closing Date: Friday 27 January 2023